Friday, November 2, 2012

Why I do Movember


You may wonder why I grow a mustache in November. It's because cancer sucks.

I hate cancer, it is just the worst.

Cancer takes the last cupcake from the office cafeteria, it keeps that book you wanted to check out from the library for months, knowing it'll just pay a 5 dollar fine, It chews with it's mouth open and never respects your favorite seat on the couch. Cancer takes friends and loved ones. It robs us of the good times that we all deserve with the people we care about.

Did you know 1 out of every 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime? It's true and it's terrible. It's a horrible disease that not only kills but takes your dignity, something that every person deserves.

I'm taking a stand. I've had enough. But what can you do? I'll tell you what I'm going to do.

I'm going to grow a mustache.

That's right. I'm participating in Movember. For the rest of November I will be growing a mustache to raise money for cancer research. I will put a rug on my mug that says "I hate cancer as much as my Mom hates this mustache"

I would really appreciate it if you could donate to my Movember campaign. If you can find it in your heart to donate you can go here: http://us.movember.com/mospace/1223130, even if it's just $10 or $15 it would mean a lot.

Peace, love and mustaches

Ryan

No comments: